1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium onion
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (abt. 4 oz. each)
2 pkg (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1 tsp vegetable oil, divided
1-2 tsp pampered chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix (if you don't have this the recipe mentions using 1 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp ground cumin, or I'm sure you could just taco seasoning or fajita seasoning)
1 garlic clove
1/4 c. thick and chunky salsa
2 c. shredded cheese
2 tbls snipped fresh cilantro
additional salsa and sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut peppers into 1/2 in. thick strips. Cut onion in 1/2 in. thick wedges. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.
- Lightly sprinkle round pizza pan with flour. Unroll both packages of pizza dough and arrange side by side on pan, shaping into a circle. roll dough to edge of pizza pan, pressing seams to seal
- Heat frying pan over high heat. Add 1/2 tsp. of the oil and chicken; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add remaining oil. bell pepper, onion, and seasoning mix to skillet. Press garlic over vegetables. Stir fry 1-2 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. Remove pan from heat; stir in chicken and salsa.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over crust. Arrange chicken mixture over cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle cilantro over pizza; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.