Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pizza Burgers

This comes from my friend Erin so I haven't tasted it but we are cooking as we speak. I'll let you know.

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 lb sausage
1 egg
1/4 c. cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp. crushed oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. onion salt

Mix all together and make 16 thin patties. Set aside

In small bowl mix together
1 c. mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
1/2 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. chopped onion

Spoon cheese mixture over half of the patties. Put the remaining patties on top and seal well (cheese will melt out if not sealed properly)

Cook for about 10 minutes on each side. Eat on hamburger bun with condiments of your choice and enjoy!

I'll let you know how they are later.

2 comments:

The Fisher's said...

Don't forget, you need an egg in the meat mixture, I didn't notice it missing before, it'll never stick together otherwise, and the crackers are just Saltines, in case you wondered :) Thanks for coming over!!

Laura said...

That is what I get for trying to talk and type. sometimes I just can't do 2 things at once. :) I fixed it - thanks for pointing it out.
Thanks for inviting me! (well I kind of invited myself over :)~ ) But it was so good. Remember next time dinner at my house.