Monday, September 22, 2008

I Tried It

Okay so I tried the Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and I have to say it was really good. I did have a few problems but I overcame them. I couldn't find the kitchen string but I figured I would figure something out with that. My friend thought of using dental floss and I guess you could - I would just be afraid that the wax off of it would melt. I also thought of using twine (which I think is pretty much the same thing as kitchen string) but I couldn't think of where in Walmart I might find it and I had to use the bathroom so bad I couldn't think straight. Anyways - if anybody knows of where you could buy it let me know.
Back to the recipe - if you can't find kitchen string or twine toothpicks worked for me. The other problem I had was when I opened up my pork tenderloin it was actually 2 different pieces. but I made it work. I put one piece down, put the stuffing on top of that and then put the other piece of pork down - like a sandwich. It worked fine; just wish it was 1 piece. It wouldn't have caused me stress (I was having friends come over to try it).
I would suggest not chopping up the apple into really small pieces (which I did with my food chopper). I would have liked to have more of the apple taste. And next time I will add more apples than what it calls for.
Overall it was REALLY good (and easy) and it is something that I will be making for many more dinners!

1 comment:

The Fisher's said...

As the friends you made this for, can I just say it was so good!! I agree that the apples could be bigger so you could taste them more, but it was way yummy!!! Thanks again!