Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

This recipe comes from Kayla. It is very similar to the one I posted a few weeks ago. This has more liquid so it might help the problem I had with the chicken drying out. Next time I'll do it this way and then decide which I like. Either way - I know each recipe is delicious!

4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 oz sliced ham
4 oz sliced Swiss cheese
1 (8 oz) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
¼ cup melted butter


Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on high.

1 comment: